Photo Gallery

Bird Creek Campground

Name: Bird Creek Campground

Bird Creek Campground is located along the South Fork of the Boise River east of Featherville, Idaho, on a narrow stretch of land between the road and the river. The area is heavily forested with great access to the river and to riding trails in the surrounding mountains. Most campers stay here for either the river access or the trail riding. I stayed in campsite #1 which is nice except for the exposure to the road.

Campsites: There are 5 campsites which can be used by RVs or tents. Each has a picnic table and fire ring with attached grill. The road and driveways are gravel. Site 1 is on the river but is exposed to the road. Site 2 is very secluded and has river access. Site 3 is not on the river and is very exposed to the road.

Host on Site: No.

Water: No.

Garbage Services: No.

Electricity Available: No.

Restroom: There is a vault style outhouse which was clean and stocked at the time of our visit.

Handicap Accessible: The outhouse is handicap accessible but the rest of the campground doesn't seem to be.

Firewood: You will need to provide your own firewood.

Pets: Pets are welcome but need to be kept on a leash.

Picnic Area: No.

Recreation: Recreation activities include camping, fishing, trail riding by four wheeler or motorcycle, hiking and photography.

Fishing: Fishing in the South Fork of the Boise River is available for trout, white fish and there is a kokanee salmon run. Check the regulations for seasons and limits.

Boating: No.

Swimming: There is no swimming area but people do swim in the river on hot summer days.

Wildlife: Deer, elk, bear, wolves and other smaller animals and birds live in these woods. Use care when storing you food or garbage to avoid a night time visit by a neighborhood bear.

Additional Camping Opportunities: We have reviews for these nearby campgrounds; Anderson Ranch Reservoir Area, Abbot Campground, Dog Creek Campground, Elks Flat Campground, Chaparral Campground, Willow Creek Campground, Willow Creek Transfer Camp and Baumgartner Campground. There is a very nice free primitive camping site along the river about a half mile downstream from Bird Creek Campground.

Phone service: None. Featherville would have the nearest pay phone.

Nearby Services: Featherville offers the nearest source for camping supplies such as food, gas, drinks or a meal.

RV Dumping Site: I don't know of one at Pine or Featherville. There is one to the east at the Big Smokey Guard Station.

Location/Driving instructions: From Mountain Home, Idaho follow this GoogleMap.

Coordinates: 43.621175,-115.175774

Elevation: 3243 Feet

Reviewed Date: June 2011

Fees And Reservations: None. The daily fee as of April 2017 for camping in Bird Creek Campground is $6.00. There is no fee posted for your extra vehicle and all sites are singles.

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

7 Day forecast for Bird Creek Campground

High: 59°FHigh: 66°FHigh: 68°FHigh: 70°FHigh: 74°FHigh: 74°FHigh: 74°F
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.Partly cloudy throughout the day.Mostly cloudy throughout the day.Clear throughout the day.Clear throughout the day.Clear throughout the day.Clear throughout the day.
46% chance of rain42% chance of rain12% chance of rainNo precipation during the dayNo precipation during the dayNo precipation during the dayNo precipation during the day
Low: 39°F Low: 37°F Low: 40°F Low: 41°F Low: 43°F Low: 45°F Low: 43°F
Powered by Dark Sky


Be The First To Comment!