Photo Gallery

Grandview Campground

Name: Grandview Campground

Grandview Campground can be found at the "overlook" for Lower Mesa Falls. We saw no sign with the campground name on it and found it more by chance than from signs. The campground is situated on the east side of a deep canyon and overlooks Lower Mesa Falls (85ft). The campground is fairly level and is covered by a mature forest with heavy undergrowth.

Campsites: There are 8 campsites, each have a picnic table, fire pit with attach grate and a camp stove table. The road, driveways and sites are gravel.

Host on Site: "Richard" was the host for 2012 and he was very proud of Grandview Campground. He seemed to be a great host.

Water: There is water available from a pressurized system and it was cool and clear.

Garbage Services: There is a bear resistant dumpster. Please use it as these woods are home to both black and grizzly bear.

Electricity Available: Yes, each site has power.

Restroom: Grandview has one vault style outhouse which like most in this area was clean and well stocked.

Handicap Accessible: The outhouse is handicap accessible.

Firewood: Firewood may be purchased from the host for $6 per bundle.

Pets: Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash.

Picnic Area: There is a small picnic area at the overlook parking area.

Recreation: While camping here, I would spent some time hiking down to and along the river. I would imagine the fishing in the hard to reach spots would be outstanding. A good close up photo of Lower Mesa Falls would be great too.

Fishing: Fishing in Henry's Fork and other nearby streams can be quite good for trout and whitefish. Check the regulations for restrictions and limits.

Boating: No

Swimming: No

Wildlife: Deer, elk, black and grizzly bear could be seen here. One might find wolves, fox and many smaller animals and birds.

Additional Camping Opportunities: We have reviews for the nearby campgrounds; Riverside Campground, Buffalo Campground, Buttermilk Campground and Warm River Campground.

Phone service: There is no pay phone here but there is one at the Upper Mesa Falls Scenic Area. We didn't have service with our ATT cell phones.

Nearby Services: There are no nearby sources for supplies. Ashton to the south or Island Park City to the north are the closest. We had to replace a battery and Ashton had what we needed.

RV Dumping Site: I have not found an RV dumping station in this area.

Location/Driving instructions: From Boise, Idaho, follow this Google Map.

Coordinates: 44.175406,-111.313392

Elevation: 5931 Feet

Reviewed Date: July 2012

Fees And Reservations: 6 RV sites are reservable through recreation.gov. For 2012 a double site was $36, and a single site $18. Other campgrounds in this area have increased their price so don't be surprised if they are a couple dollars more.

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

7 Day forecast for Grandview Campground

SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
High: 33°FHigh: 29°FHigh: 21°FHigh: 17°FHigh: 20°FHigh: 29°FHigh: 23°F
Foggy in the evening and overnight.Foggy in the evening and overnight.Foggy throughout the day.Foggy throughout the day.Foggy in the morning.Overcast throughout the day.Clear throughout the day.
60% chance of snow40% chance of snow45% chance of snow35% chance of snow13% chance of snowNo precipation during the day8% chance of snow
Low: 22°F Low: 14°F Low: 11°F Low: 5°F Low: 2°F Low: 6°F Low: 2°F
Powered by Dark Sky

Comments

Renee G:

Beautiful small campground, but surprisingly has site long enough for some big rigs. We have a 35' fifth wheel and when combined with the tow vehicle, we are 50 feet and we fit in several sites. The only reason I gave a three star rating is that the loop at the end of the campground that you pretty much have to go through, is overrun with shrubs and if you don't take the loop at the right angle, you can have problems. It's very quiet and peaceful here with the constant sound of Lower Mesa Falls. Lovely. The host in 2014 kept the campground clean and neat and was very helpful to all the campers 
01/17/2019

Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!