Photo Gallery

Takhlakh Lake Campground

Name: Takhlakh Lake Campground

We visited Takhlakh Lake Campground in July of 2013. The following are our observations at that time. Takhlakh Lake Campground is on the shore of Takhlakh Lake with a fantastic view of Mt Adams. The campground is set on rolling hills with a mature forest. We loved the beautiful bear grass which was in bloom when we visited. Activities include fishing, hiking, photography and mountain climbing. I will talk about these more later in the review.

Campsites: There are 44 standard RV and 10 tent only  non-electric  campsites. All are near the lake but not right on the water. Each campsite has a picnic table and fire ring. I believe all RV sites are back in only. The RV site driveways range from 15' to 99', with most 40' or less. About 40% of the sites are available on a first come first served basis while the other 60% are reservable. There are 8 multi/double sites, #3 is a first come first served site while 7, 12, 14, 18, 20, 36 and 44 are reserveable. Per recreation.gov there are 54 campsites as of january 2020. I will need to re-visit this campground soon...oh darn...lol

Host on Site: Yes.

Water:  There is no water available so make sure you bring plenty.

Garbage Services: Yes.

Electricity Available: No.

Restroom: There are 4 vault style outhouses, 2 in the RV camping, 1 in the day use area and another in the tent camping area, all are very clean.

Handicap Accessible: The outhouses are handicap accessible.

Firewood: Firewood may be purchased from the camp host.

Pets: Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash.

Picnic Area:

There is a day use area with picnic tables, a beach and a boat ramp for small craft.
 

Recreation: The main recreational activities are fishing, hiking, photography and mountain climbing. There are several trails to hike including a 1.1 mile hike around the lake. I have included pictures of the maps of these trails in the "Host and Views" page. These maps are available from the host also. I met several parties that were spending the night before they set out to climb at least part of Mt Adams. I am not a climber and did not find information on climbing the mountain at the campground however one can use a spotting scope and watch climbers from the campground on a clear day. For a photographer this area is wonderful both for the greenery and the scenery. 

Fishing: Fishing is available in the streams and lakes nearby. Takhlakh Lake had been stocked with "jumbo" size trout, around 15". The ones I saw caught were biting on worms.

Boating: Boating is allowed but only electric motors.

Swimming: Swimming is allowed and there is a beach at the day use area.

Wildlife: There are black bear in the area but had not been any trouble in the campgrounds.

Phone service: There is no phone service.

Nearby Services:  Randle, WA to the north is the nearest source for food, gas, fishing tackle and other camping supplies.

RV Dumping Site: There is an RV dump station at Maple Grocery in Randle, WA and another in Troutdale to the south.

Coordinates: 46.280744,-121.598569

Elevation: 4400 Feet

Reviewed Date: July 2013

Fees And Reservations: The daily fee for the double sites was $30 and the single sites were $18 per night for 2013. There is a $9 fee for your extra vehicle. The Day Use fee is $5.

We used recreation.gov to reserve our campsite. We were also charged a $9 fee to make the reservation which is non-refundable.

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

7 Day forecast for Takhlakh Lake Campground

FridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursday
High: 43°FHigh: 43°FHigh: 41°FHigh: 31°FHigh: 47°FHigh: 52°FHigh: 56°F
Partly cloudy throughout the day.Rain throughout the day.Possible light rain in the morning.Clear throughout the day.Clear throughout the day.Clear throughout the day.Clear throughout the day.
11% chance of snow82% chance of rain61% chance of rain5% chance of snow1% chance of snow3% chance of rain4% chance of rain
Low: 25°F Low: 29°F Low: 20°F Low: 19°F Low: 20°F Low: 30°F Low: 35°F
Powered by Dark Sky

Comments

Be The First To Comment!