Photo Gallery

Swinging Bridge Campground

Name: Swinging Bridge Campground

Swinging Bridge Campground is one of four campgrounds located along Hwy 55 on the north fork of the Payette River between Banks and Smiths Ferry. The campground is across the highway from the river. It was named for a suspension bridge that was used to access the railroad on the other side of the river. This bridge was removed in 1991. It is often used by kayakers and rafters because it is close to Banks, Idaho, which is known for the whitewater rafting on the Payette River. The campground is surrounded by trees which gives the campsites privacy. It can be a bit noisy at night due to highway traffic, but we have always enjoyed our stay here.

Campsites: Swinging Bridge Campground has 11 camping sites. The campsites include a fire pit and a picnic table. There are places to put tents or you can park an RV. There is not a host on site and a few of the campsites are reservable.

Water: There is no water in the campground.

Garbage Services: You must carry out your own garbage at Swinging Bridge Campground.

Electricity Available: There is no electricity at Swinging Bridge Campground.

Restroom: There is a vault style toilet in the campground which is handicap accessible.

Fishing: There is great trout fishing as well as whitefish along the North Fork of the Payette River.

Boating: There is whitewater boat access for rafting and kayaking near Banks, Idaho, on the Payette River.

Swimming: There are nice sandy beaches across the highway along the river. We are not swimmers but our kids had fun playing in the water and had fun on the beach.

Hiking: Hiking is available nearby.

Wildlife: We have seen deer in our campground, and I hear hunting is good both sides of the river during hunting season.

Phone service: There is not a telephone at Swinging Bridge Campground. The nearest telephone is 4 mi. south at Banks.

Gas and Food: is 4 miles south at Banks.

Location/Driving instructions: From Boise, drive 39 miles north on Idaho State Road 55 to the campground. It is 4 miles north of Banks, Idaho.

Coordinates: 44.171658,-116.120585

Elevation: 3651 Feet

Reviewed Date: February 2010

Fees And Reservations: Some of the camping sites can be reserved. Call (877) 446-6777 or go to reserveamerica. Reservations must be made at least 10 days in advance. for 2010 camping season, May - Sept: Campsites are $15 per day. Additional vehicles are $5 per day. $8 for day use.

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

7 Day forecast for Swinging Bridge Campground

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
High: 43°FHigh: 54°FHigh: 54°FHigh: 57°FHigh: 56°FHigh: 61°FHigh: 51°F
Possible light rain in the afternoon.Mostly cloudy throughout the day.Possible light rain in the afternoon and evening.Clear throughout the day.Partly cloudy throughout the day.Clear throughout the day.Partly cloudy throughout the day.
71% chance of rain31% chance of rain57% chance of rain12% chance of rain6% chance of snow3% chance of rain7% chance of rain
Low: 31°F Low: 32°F Low: 36°F Low: 33°F Low: 24°F Low: 27°F Low: 31°F
Powered by Dark Sky

Comments

Jack:

Due to it's proximity to the city and the highway (deters campers), this campground is perfect for a one night get away.  Wouldn't want to stay here for a weekend or with kids.
01/17/2019

Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!