Photo Gallery

Shepherd Lake Access Campground

Name: Shepherd Lake Access Campground

Shepherd Lake is a small fishing lake tucked in among gently rolling, forested hills 2 miles from Sagle, Idaho. There is a 3 day camping limit in this undeveloped campground.

Campsites: Camping sites in the campground consist of rock fire pits and no tables. Most of the sites are along the lake. There is room for about 6 camping parties. The road has probably never been improved past the boat ramp. I wouldn't advise large RV's in here.

Host on Site: No host, but the info phone number is 208-769-1440 for Idaho Fish and Game, or

Water: No drinking water at this campground.

Garbage Services: No garbage service. Pack it in, pack it out.

Restroom: There is a vault style outhouse that needed cleaning when we were there.

Handicap Accessible: No.

Pets: Should be on a leash.

Picnic Area: Not really.

Fishing: Yes, there is fishing for trout, crappie, bass, bluegill.

Boating: Yes, there is a boat ramp and boat dock. Electric motors only.

Swimming: Yes, there is swimming in the lake.

Phone service: No pay phone and no cell reception.

Nearby Services: Sagle has the nearest services 2 miles away.

RV Dumping Site: No.

Location/Driving instructions: From Sagle, Idaho, travel .5 miles southeast on Sagle Rd. Veer right onto Talache Rd and travel another 1.5 miles. Google Maps.

Coordinates: 48.1863470,-116.5239570

Elevation: 2306 Feet

Reviewed Date: June 2010

Fees And Reservations: No reservations. No fee.

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

7 Day forecast for Shepherd Lake Access Campground

High: 38°FHigh: 38°FHigh: 45°FHigh: 42°FHigh: 45°FHigh: 50°FHigh: 53°F
Partly cloudy throughout the day.Foggy in the morning.Overcast throughout the day.Mostly cloudy throughout the day.Mostly cloudy throughout the day.Mostly cloudy throughout the day.Clear throughout the day.
32% chance of snow39% chance of snow29% chance of rain44% chance of rain25% chance of rain5% chance of rain4% chance of rain
Low: 23°F Low: 26°F Low: 30°F Low: 29°F Low: 26°F Low: 24°F Low: 25°F
Powered by Dark Sky