Photo Gallery

McCrea Bridge Campground

Name: McCrea Bridge Campground

McCrea Bridge Campground is situated along Henry's Fork of the Snake River. Like nearby Upper Coffee Pot, the area is rolling hills covered by a mature lodgepole pine forest. This campground is rather sunny and was quite warm when we visited. There is a nice boat ramp and set of docks here with extra parking.

Campsites: There are 16 sites plus the camp host. Each site has a picnic table, a fire pit with attached grate, a camp stove table, another metal prep table and a sand filled tent square. The roads and driveways are gravel and the sites are dirt.

Host on Site: The hosts for 2012 were Bernice and Bill. They were really nice and helpful.

Water: The water from the pressurized system was clean and cool.

Garbage Services: Yes, and please use the bear resistant dumpsters to avoid a visit by a neighborhood bear.

Electricity Available: No

Restroom: There is a vault style outhouse which was clean and well stocked.

Handicap Accessible: The outhouse is handicap accessible.

Firewood: Firewood is available from the host for $6 per bundle.

Pets: Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash.

Picnic Area: No

Recreation: Recreational activities near the campground include camping, fishing, boating, photography, birdwatching, wildlife viewing, biking and much more.

Fishing: Henry's Fork is a world class rainbow trout fishery. Just check the regulations for area restrictions.

Boating: McCrea Bridge Campground has a nice boat ramp and two docks.

Swimming: This is a fishing river but on a hot afternoon a dip in the river would feel pretty good.

Wildlife: Deer and moose would be the most common wildlife, but one could see black or grizzly bear, elk, wolves and other small forest animals.

Additional Camping Opportunities: We have reviews for these nearby campground; Henry's Lake State Park, Bill Frome County Park, Big Springs Campground, Flat Rock Campground, Upper Coffee Pot Campground, Buffalo Campground, and Buttermilk Campground.

Phone service: No pay phone but our ATT cell phones had good reception.

Nearby Services: Mack's Inn also has a shower, laundry, food and other supplies.

RV Dumping Site: There is an RV dump station near Mac's Inn.

Location/Driving instructions: From Boise, Idaho, follow this Google Map.

Coordinates: 44.462859,-111.400668

Elevation: 6341 Feet

Reviewed Date: July 2012

Fees And Reservations: You may reserve your site at or call 1-877-444-6777. Double sites are $26, singles are $13, and your extra vehicle or day use permit is $6 per day. Rates are increasing to $30 for doubles, $15 for singles for 2013.

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

7 Day forecast for McCrea Bridge Campground

High: 47°FHigh: 54°FHigh: 58°FHigh: 43°FHigh: 38°FHigh: 40°FHigh: 38°F
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.Partly cloudy throughout the day.Partly cloudy throughout the day.Possible light rain in the evening and overnight.Snow (1–2 in.) in the morning and afternoon.Rain (with a chance of 1–2 in. of snow) throughout the day.Possible light rain (with a chance of 1–3 in. of snow) in the morning.
17% chance of rainNo precipation during the day12% chance of rain71% chance of rain87% chance of snow94% chance of rain88% chance of rain
Low: 33°F Low: 34°F Low: 32°F Low: 33°F Low: 29°F Low: 29°F Low: 26°F
Powered by Dark Sky