Photo Gallery

Little West Fork Campground

Name: Little West Fork Campground

Little West Fork Campground is on the West Fork of Morgan Creek. We found it on the map and thought we would find a nice campground. Don't be fooled. After a slow rough drive up W. Fork Road on a very narrow road, you find one unmarked site. It is surrounded by a pole fence and was occupied seemingly permanently. There is a picnic table and fire ring with an attached grill. The western slopes are open and dry while everything else is forested and brushy. It looks like great hunting country. Don't take me wrong, I bet a few people in this country have great memories of camping here. However, I wouldn't want to drive in here only to find the one site taken.

Campsites: One and only one.

Host on Site: No.

Water: No potable water.

Garbage Services: No.

Electricity Available: No.

Restroom: A very old outhouse, don't look down.

Handicap Accessible: No!

Firewood: Gather your own.

Pets: No restrictions.

Picnic Area: No.

Recreation: I think the primary recreation here is hunting. However, one could certainly enjoy riding their ATVs, bikes, or horses on the mountain trails around here.

Fishing: No.

Boating: No.

Swimming: No, but there is a creek to cool off in.

Wildlife: Deer, elk, bear and many other species of wildlife live in these mountains.

Additional Camping Opportunities: We have reviews for Morgan Creek Recreation Site and Cottonwood Recreation Site. There are many free primitive camp sites on Morgan Creek and West Fork.

Phone service: Challis, Idaho, is the nearest phone service.

Nearby Services: Challis has the food, pop, ice and other supplies you might need for your camping trip.

RV Dumping Site: The nearest RV dumping station is at Cottonwood Recreation Site.

Location/Driving instructions: From Challis, Idaho, take Hwy 93 for 8.3 miles to a left turn onto Morgan Creek Road. Take Morgan Creek Road 6.2 miles to W. Fork Road and turn left. Follow W. Fork Road 4.7 miles to Little West Fork Campground.

Coordinates: 44.702709,-114.315528

Elevation: 6473 Feet

Reviewed Date: July 2010

Fees And Reservations: No. Free.

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

7 Day forecast for Little West Fork Campground

High: 56°FHigh: 55°FHigh: 58°FHigh: 63°FHigh: 67°FHigh: 67°FHigh: 66°F
Mostly cloudy throughout the day.Possible drizzle in the afternoon and evening.Mostly cloudy throughout the day.Clear throughout the day.Clear throughout the day.Partly cloudy throughout the day.Clear throughout the day.
33% chance of rain67% chance of rain64% chance of rainNo precipation during the dayNo precipation during the dayNo precipation during the dayNo precipation during the day
Low: 36°F Low: 37°F Low: 38°F Low: 36°F Low: 37°F Low: 35°F Low: 35°F
Powered by Dark Sky


Be The First To Comment!