Photo Gallery

Jerry Johnson Campground

Name: Jerry Johnson Campground

Jerry Johnson Campground (or J Johnson on some maps) is located above US Hwy 12 from the Lochsa River. The area is heavily forested and very beautiful. However, in fun we decided Jerry needed money to develop this campground so he sold off all of the trees! There are no trees on the campground itself. If you love the woods and really like the sun then check this one out. The rest of us will have to wait for the trees to grow back. Jerry Johnson Campground is newly developed with paved road and driveways.

Campsites: Jerry Johnson Campground has 20 RV camping sites. Each site has a paved driveway, a picnic table and a fire ring. All come with a great view of the highway. Ha!

Water: Yes, there is a well with a hand-pump. The water was clear and fresh.

Garbage Services: Garbage service is available in a bearwise dumpster.

Restroom: Yes, new vault style outhouse, clean and well maintained.

Handicap Accessible: Jerry Johnson Campground is handicap accessible.

Pets: On a leash.

Recreation: As with all the campgrounds in this area, the Lochsa River is a main attraction for its fishing and whitewater activities.

Fishing: Fishing for salmon, steelhead and trout in the Lochsa River and surrounding streams.

Boating: No boating facilities at Jerry Johnson Campground.

Wildlife: There are deer, elk, moose, bear and numerous birds for your viewing in this area.

Phone service: No, however there is a pay phone to the east at Lochsa Lodge by Powell Campground.

Nearby Services: Ice, pop, gas and more, showers and more can be found at Lochsa Lodge east on US Hwy 12.

RV Dumping Site: No, Wilderness Gateway Campground has the nearest dumping station.

Location/Driving instructions: From Kooskia, Idaho, travel east on US Hwy 12 for 75 miles. The campground is on the left. From Missoula, MT, travel southwest 66 miles on US Hwy 12. Hwy 12 splits from Hwy 93/12, 10.7 miles south of Missoula.

Coordinates: 46.475515,-114.905627

Elevation: 3068 Feet

Reviewed Date: June 2010

Fees And Reservations: This is currently a first come first serve campground. $8.00 per day with another $2.00 for your extra vehicle.

This information is accurate as of the date of the review.

No one has reviewed this Campground. Be the first to review!
Want to share your opinion? Rate and Comment Below

7 Day forecast for Jerry Johnson Campground

SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
High: 38°FHigh: 34°FHigh: 32°FHigh: 31°FHigh: 33°FHigh: 37°FHigh: 35°F
Foggy overnight.Foggy throughout the day.Foggy throughout the day.Foggy in the morning.Clear throughout the day.Overcast throughout the day.Foggy overnight.
54% chance of rain39% chance of snow38% chance of snow23% chance of snow4% chance of snow14% chance of snow31% chance of snow
Low: 27°F Low: 24°F Low: 19°F Low: 13°F Low: 9°F Low: 17°F Low: 16°F
Powered by Dark Sky

Comments

Be The First To Comment!

Your E-mail will NEVER be given away for any reason!